Does anybody have my old post?
Bruno de Carlo
2010-12-07 22:22:16 UTC
Probably in the 1990's my ISP was LOOP.COM and I was probably
***@loop.com. I posted a long memoir of my experiences growing up in
the 1960's and seeing the Doors at a small club in Hollywood called Bido
Lidos, before they ever recorded their 1st album. does anybody have a
copy of that post of mine? I've lost it, and I'd really appreciate
getting a copy back.

Thanks,

Bruce ***@comcast.net
QJ
2010-12-08 05:18:15 UTC
Post by Bruno de Carlo
Probably in the 1990's my ISP was LOOP.COM and I was probably
the 1960's and seeing the Doors at a small club in Hollywood called Bido
Lidos, before they ever recorded their 1st album. does anybody have a
copy of that post of mine? I've lost it, and I'd really appreciate
getting a copy back.
Thanks,
I was there.

The club (a tiny underground cavern called Bido Lidos) was packed. I
held onto sopping lace hankies of this incredibly dangerous drug -
inhaling, giggling, waiting. The news was out all over town that this
new band, the Doors, had a gorgeous, hot, divine singer. All of us
wild and loony girls couldn't wait to get a load of him. The
anticipation was high, and so were we. The band played for a few
minutes without this divine singer. They were pretty cool - lots of
organ, kind of moody and steamy. JIm Morrison didn't really walk onto
the stage that evening. I know I was struggling with reality, but
somehow he was just THERE.

He was holding onto the microphone like it was trying to get away,
clutching it hard, moaning, eyes closed, feeling enough pain for
everyone in the room. Oh God, and what did he look like?!? Aaaaah, I
had to get a closer eye-ful. I staggered and squeezed my way down to
the stage, and gazed up at a future rock legend in wonder. He's Hot,
He's Sexy, He's Dead. Remember that Rolling Stone cover? I had never
seen such blatant sexuality on stage. He writhed in horny anguish,
demanding that everyone in the sweltering, stormy room light his fire.
'We want the world and we want it. . .Now.'

He hooked us all together. WE wanted the entire, fucking world. Right
this minute. I had seen the Stones a couple of times, and Mick Jagger
definitely inspired some steamy-dreams, but he had his frenzy under
control. Jim Morrison was so out of control that it scared people. It
scared me close to imaginary death, and I loved it. While Mick
suggested the danger which lurked in his trousers, Jim grabbed ahold
of it and shook it in our faces. He defied the system with his dick,
kind of a rock 'n' roll Lenny Bruce. His defiance was catching, and we
all wanted a piece of it.

When he took a dive into the audience without premeditation, without
hesitation, we all held him up, snatching up some of his stuff, oh, so
briefly.

Now, the Doors didn't have a record out yet. Everyone knew they got
signed to Elektra and were busy recording. Wow. Who had a demo??????
Who had a copy of this precious hunk of pre-released vinyl??

I went out into the blasting rays, and down those few hundred
rockstairs, until I was surrounded by that glorious music. It was
pouring out of a small, green, wooden house, like right next door! The
door was one of those real old fashioned jobs. The top half was open,
and I could see the naked back of a guy digging around in his fridge,
humming along with 'I'll never look into your eyes...again...' He
grabbed a beer and when he turned around and started to knock it back,
I let out a minor shriek. Lord have mercy on my teenage soul, it was
Jim Morrison himself - those black leather pants unzipped to the
danger zone.