56, dangerous age for bass players
Gill Smith
2012-08-19 17:02:41 UTC
I guess the musical questions here are; What is it about playing bass that
somehow doesn't befall those musicians who play something else, and why?
And does playing manual bass on keybaords 'qualify'? Because I often do
the
'Ray Manzarek thing' and play manual bass on keys.
oh, yeah, he was good at that

but he was responsible for the abortion of an intro to Light My Fire, which
everybody cuts when they cover that song

http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/
Gill Smith
2012-09-04 14:40:49 UTC
Post by Gill Smith
but he was responsible for the abortion of an intro to Light My Fire,
which everybody cuts when they cover that song
what a f*****ing hypocrite!!

just rememberd that the instrumental break in my John Clare song is a
quasi-classical organ/brass decoction

haha

http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 05:28:43 UTC
Post by Gill Smith
I guess the musical questions here are; What is it about playing bass that
somehow doesn't befall those musicians who play something else, and why?
And does playing manual bass on keybaords 'qualify'? Because I often do
the
'Ray Manzarek thing' and play manual bass on keys.
oh, yeah, he was good at that
but he was responsible for the abortion of an intro to Light My Fire, which
everybody cuts when they cover that song
--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/
Hey, I'm short a bass player for an upcoming gig... I might let my pal Geno, a keyboard player, consider this route.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery