Darwin relegated to myth?
Dale
2014-02-17 04:37:43 UTC
one day Darwin might be regulated to myth if science doesn't consider
older psychological, psychiatrical, and sociological traditions of old
mainly carried on in religion

the majority of people on earth are religious, religion provides them
psychological, psychiatrical, and sociological solutions, while science
talks about going to mars

until the establishment scientific institutional gives psychology,
psychiatry and sociology the credence as the more important sciences,
they will fail to compete with religion, and they will fail in the
maturity of the important sciences too

as a psychiatric patient I see this first hand, psychiatric conditions
are diagnosed psychologically then treated biologically, psychiatric
patients deal with labels and stigmas, if I was diagnosed as having high
dopamine, as they say I have, with medical imaging it would be a less
troubling label, my medicine leaves me with the side effects of tardive
dyskensia and neuroleptic malignant syndrome out of low dopamine like
Parkinson's, the medicines are expensive because you are forced by the
legal system in a roundabout way to take them,, psychiatry is a power
grab now instead of the elegant science it could be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroleptic_malignant_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

religious psychiatry like "medicine men", shamans, witch doctors, etc.
leave patients normal with respect to society, how am I supposed to
return to work with 20 years of psychiatry treatment on my resume even
if I was capable?
Dale
Dale
2014-02-17 05:39:25 UTC
Post by Dale
one day Darwin might be regulated to myth if science doesn't consider
older psychological, psychiatrical, and sociological traditions of old
mainly carried on in religion
Science does not have to consider any of these.
Evolution has nothing to do with «psychological, psychiatrical, and
sociological traditions».
<snippage>
wouldn't you say that natural selection is sociological?
Dale
Dale
2014-02-17 06:38:15 UTC
There should be studies of WHY people adhere to religion.

There should be studies of what psychological, psychiatrical, and
sociological suggestions are in religion.

Science is always complaining about religion not recognizing its
advancements, but science must consider very old traditions have
something to offer too, or else they wouldn't be adhered to for so long

Science didn't start with Galileo, Descartes, Newton, etc.

People have been asking questions and seeking answers and developing
solutions based on such since the dawn of man.

Science should compare its delivery system of knowledge to the public,
as opposed to the religious delivery system. Lots of science does not
make it past the insider peer review process thinking that the average
man is not capable of understanding it. Religion has a good system of
explaining things to the public, even if it is in parables or metaphors.
Maybe schools should incorporate the parable/metaphor model for early
development. Can you really say our public schools deliver a
satisfactory education of psychology, psychiatry, or sociology?
Dale
Honest Abe
2014-02-17 19:47:03 UTC
Post by Dale
[...]
Religion has nothing to do with psychology, psychiatry, or sociology, but
these studies can illustrate and document the EVILS that religion does and
has done to the human race for thousands of years.

Honest Abe
2014-02-17 19:44:21 UTC
Post by Dale
one day Darwin might be regulated to myth if science doesn't consider
older psychological, psychiatrical, and sociological traditions of old
mainly carried on in religion
the majority of people on earth are religious, religion provides them
psychological, psychiatrical, and sociological solutions, while science
talks about going to mars
The majority of people on Earth are poorly educated and ignorant.
The better one is educated, especially in the realities shown with science,
the less likely they are to adhere to the psychologically suppressive myths
and superstitions of "religion".
Post by Dale
until the establishment scientific institutional gives psychology,
psychiatry and sociology the credence as the more important sciences, they
will fail to compete with religion, and they will fail in the maturity of
the important sciences too
Unlike chemistry, physics, etc., these are not EXACT sciences. Nevertheless,
they are of value.
Post by Dale
as a psychiatric patient I see this first hand, psychiatric conditions are
diagnosed psychologically then treated biologically, psychiatric patients
deal with labels and stigmas, if I was diagnosed as having high dopamine,
as they say I have, with medical imaging it would be a less troubling
label, my medicine leaves me with the side effects of tardive dyskensia
and neuroleptic malignant syndrome out of low dopamine like Parkinson's,
the medicines are expensive because you are forced by the legal system in
a roundabout way to take them,, psychiatry is a power grab now instead of
the elegant science it could be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroleptic_malignant_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia
Like other medical sciences, psychiatry is constantly advancing. Do you know
what hospitals for mental patients were like before psychiatric drugs
existed? Do you know what a straight jacket is?
Post by Dale
religious psychiatry like "medicine men", shamans, witch doctors, etc.
leave patients normal with respect to society, how am I supposed to return
to work with 20 years of psychiatry treatment on my resume even if I was
capable?
Good point - you have my sympathy.
Post by Dale
Dale
SCIENCE AND THE "CLEAR PILL" - WHY $CIENTOLOGY HATES PSYCHIATRY

Chances are it IS all physical after all - that the soul or "thetan" IS the
brain, or a concept held thereby. This is generally considered fact by
psychiatry.

Should you do work such as welding that presents the risk of burn injury,
you probably know that it is advisable to keep cold water available nearby
for quick application to the burned body part. You dunk the burn as quickly
as possible, or run cold water on it, and leave it in the cold water for a
minute or two. The pain is quickly relieved, damage minimized, and healing
occurs much faster than it would otherwise. Where a blister would normally
form, there is only a red spot that quickly fades.

Neurologists explain this phenomena as follows:
Neurons in the brain receiving the pain signals are actually injured by
them. Stopping the injurious pain signals by quickly cooling the burn before
extensive brain neuron damage occurs thus minimizes the effects of the
injury. Brain damage tends to be considered permanent because the means of
reversing it are generally unknown. Thus the "engram" stays in place, even
after the site of the physical injury has healed. The engram resides in the
brain.

Dianetic engram running, and to a lesser degree "assists", appear to be
means by which such neuron damage can be reduced or healed. These somatic
scars are thereby accessed and eradicated, just as corrupt computer files
can be. There is nothing "spiritual" or "religious" about this - it is
simply a means of healing that science is beginning to understand and
becoming able to explain. Scientific knowledge always dispels the
superstitious or fabricated beliefs put forth before the truth became known.
Ignorance is only bliss to the scammers that exploit it in others.

We see here another reason behind the Cult of $cientology's hatred of
psychiatry and physical medicine. If brain damage can be reversed, drugs can
probably be developed to do this without "auditing" - and do so far more
quickly and inexpensively. The doctor or therapist then has no chance to
brainwash the patient with such self-serving and harmful nonsense as the
fable of Xenu's "implants", which actually is L. Ron Hubbard delivering his
desired implants to the "pre-OT".

Some happy day we may have a CLEAR PILL that can reverse all brain damage,
and thus efficiently "run out" all engrams, secondaries, and locks. This
medical miracle will not come from an unscrupulous con-artist cult founder,
but through the progress of the medical science that cult fanatics would do
anything to stop, as it is a threat to their monopolized and soon to be
obsolete "tech".

True science, not the cult of $cientology, will free us all!