David Gilmour and Jim Morrison
p***@yahoo.co.nz
2013-04-06 02:24:50 UTC
YES, oh my god yes, two perfect beings
i***@gmail.com
2013-05-21 01:44:32 UTC
Jim was a big Pink Floyd fan, which he discussed in an interview in 1970...
o***@gmail.com
2014-09-04 15:48:26 UTC
Wouldn't David Gilmour and Jim Morrison have made a great match. Dave
is great composer of music and Jim had mastery of lyric writing. I
think that they would have complemented each very greatly. They would
have written some excellent music.
William Isaacs
both guys are super musicians, but im not sure, i think their styles are different, i cant imagine Morrison singing along with synthesizers and all the pink floyd's complexity that they were already playing, for me , i would prefer to hear music from Jim Morrison and George Harrison, could you imagine the voice and philosophy of Morrison with Harrisons rock and hindue inspiration? i think that would fit better :P
Will Dockery
2014-09-07 16:14:04 UTC
Sort of like if Jim Morrison had survived he could have joined the Travelling Wilburys!
c***@gmail.com
2017-04-28 02:12:08 UTC
Wouldn't David Gilmour and Jim Morrison have made a great match. Dave
is great composer of music and Jim had mastery of lyric writing. I
think that they would have complemented each very greatly. They would
have written some excellent music.
William Isaacs
I agree, and Jim did say in an interview around '69 or '70 that he liked Pink Floyd. He probably discovered them when The Doors did their London shows in '68, no doubt. Imagine Jim listening to Set the Controls for the Hearth of the Sun and having his mind blown. I do agree with Sir CPU that Roger probably did just as well and even eclipsed Jim in the lyric writing department -- and I love The Doors. Love PF more, though. How about Dave, jim, Brian Jones, and Keith Moon? Or, John Bonham, in the Rock and Roll in Heaven Hall of Fame? (Dave'll be there soon enough.) Peace.